eHealth Week 2016 Social Media Ambassador Programme
HIMSS Europe is starting the Social Media Ambassador Programme for eHealth Week 2016 to allow social media influencers from the health IT space an opportunity to attend the conference in Amsterdam, The Netherlands for free and share the experience with their audiences and networks.
Those accepted will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in social media events throughout eHealth Week 2016
- Serve a critical role in sharing discussions and discoveries from speakers and educational session dialogs throughout eHealth Week
- Meet and interact with HIMSS Europe executives and other experts from the eHealth Week community
- Publish two blog posts on the HIMSS Europe blog regarding one of the main eHealth Week topic
Social Media Ambassadors will be given the same access as news media and professional bloggers, including access to the eHealth Week Press Room, in an effort to align the experience of social media representatives with those of traditional media.
Criteria for Application
Applicants will be judged based on the below criteria:
- Active use of multiple social networking platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.) and tools to disseminate health IT information to a unique audience
- Ability to demonstrate an advanced, sophisticated awareness of social media engagement
- Regularly produce new content on healthcare and health IT
- Have the potential to reach a large number of people using digital platforms
- Reach a unique audience, separate and distinctive from traditional news media
- Have an established history of posting content related to health information management on social media platforms
- Have previous postings that are highly visible, respected and widely recognised
Please note: This programme is designed for individuals, rather than organizations or PR/communications representatives, to join and add value to the social conversation around health IT and eHealth Week.
Those selected will receive credentials at the bequest of HIMSS Europe, but individuals are responsible for their own expenses for travel, accommodations, and other amenities.
Some events and participants scheduled to appear at the event are subject to change without notice. HIMSS Europe and eHealth Week 2016 are not responsible for loss or damage incurred as a result of attending.
Our Social Media Ambassadors
Dr. Tom H van de Belt @tomvandebelt
Assistant professor @Radboudumc
REshape Innovation Center, The Netherlands
William Bonnaud – Dowell @bonnaud_dowell
Patient advocate and former European Parliament health policy advisor, Europe
Cindy Oudshoorn @dzg_cindy
eHealth expert blogger (Digitalezorggida.nl),
Bart Timmers @burtonbartijn
Trainer, and Public Speaker
‘s-Heerenberg, The Netherlands