HIMSS Europe eHealth Leadership Award 2016
HIMSS Europe has now launched the nomination process for the eHealth Leadership Award, which recognises an individual who, in the judgment of the HIMSS Europe Governing Council, has demonstrated significant and outstanding leadership role in promoting the use of information technology in healthcare in Europe .
Candidates may now apply for the Award and the successful contender will be awarded on 8 June 2016 at eHealth Week in Amsterdam. To be eligible, the candidate must be a resident of Europe and be professionally active in Europe.
The HIMSS Europe eHealth Leadership Award is given in recognition of significant contributions in the candidate's role as leader in eHealth deployment, innovation, policy development, advocacy or training in Europe.
- Impact: the candidate has had a significant, positive, and verifiable impact at a European level towards the transformation of healthcare
- Community Involvement: the nominee has shown exceptional contribution and engagement within the greater community served through working with community partners
- Sustained Leadership: the nominee has consistently applied outstanding leadership skills over an extended period of time
The Nomination Process
- HIMSS Europe Governing Council will publish the call for nominations of candidates via the eHealth Week website
- Nominations can be submitted by a third party, whether a member of HIMSS or not
- Nominations must include the candidate’s CV
- Nominations must be supported by 2 references. Please provide contact details of 2 referees (full name, professional title, organisation, email, phone number). HIMSS Europe staff will contact them to gather information about significant contributions in the candidate's role as an eHealth leader in the field of healthcare IT. Each referee will be asked to address the criteria outlined above.
- The award recipient will be notified after the final approval by the Governing Council and the Awards Ceremony will be held at eHealth week 2016
DEADLINE: HIMSS Europe is accepting submissions until Friday, 15 April 2016. Candidates failing to complete the application process as described above will not be considered.
The HIMSS Europe eHealth Leadership Award consists of:
- A symbol of recognition presented at eHealth Week 2016 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 8-10 June 2016
- Publication of information in an official HIMSS Publication and on the HIMSS Europe website
If you have any questions regarding the HIMSS Europe eHealth Leadership Award nomination process, please contact Ela Staniuk.
For more information about HIMSS Europe, please visit www.himss.eu.
 Europe is defined in accordance with the current definition of European of the World Health Organisation.
Morten Elbæk, eHealth Leadership Award Recipient 2015